How to Publicize Your Event and/or Sell Sponsorships
1. Create a
Sagepoint provides several features that make it easy for you to let others know about your Spirit Ad Campaigns and Fundraisers. These include the following:
- The Spirit Ad Directory
- Automatic e-mails from Sagepoint
- The Event Link
- The TopSpot/Slider Banner
- Printable Views
- QR Code
Instructions for using these are below.
The Spirit Ad Directory
The "Groups to Sponsor" portion of the Spirit Ad Directory makes it easy for businesses to find groups to sponsor. To make sure your sponsorship program is listed, submit your info to us at www.spiritaddirectory.com/fundraisers.html
Automatic e-mails from the Sagepoint system
To send invitations/notifications from the Sagepoint system, add the e-mail addresses of invitees/potential sponsors to the "Invite Others" field when creating, editing, or viewing your event.
3. In the new view, check the checkboxes for the sections you'd like included on your flyer and click "Print".
To enable easy access to your Event View from smartphones, Sagepoint automatically provides a QR code specific to your event. This is automatically included on the Printable Views for your event. You can also cut and paste it to flyers or other documents you create. To get the code,
1. Login and click on your Event to "View" it.
2. Click on the "Printable View" button towards the upper right.
3. In the new view, the code will be on the right as you scroll down.
Spirit Ad Campaigns are extremely flexible. You can put in as little or as much time and effort as you'd like. Potential effort levels include the following:
- Passive/Armchair Fundraisers
- Personal E-mails and Calls
- In-person visits
Of course, as with anything in life, the more effort you apply, the bigger the returns. As an extra incentive, we pay you a larger percentage of the revenues as you hit higher sales tiers so there are two ways to make more when you sell more.
$ - The Passive/Armchair Fundraiser
If your time and volunteer resources are limited, we will reach out on your behalf or simply take advantage of the resources we provide to maximize awareness online:
- Make sure your program is listed in the Spirit Ad Directory
- Use the "Invite Others" from Sagepoint sponsor sign-up page to notify your mailing list
- Add the TopSpot Slider or Logo Banner to your website pages
- Create a Custom Event Link and include it in group emails, on group websites, Facebook pages, etc.
- Distribute the Custom Link and TopSpot Ad Code to group members, families, and friends. Ask them to include the custom link in their personal e-mail footers, Facebook pages, etc. Ask those with blogs or websites to add the Custom Link and TopSpot Code to their sites.
- Check the automatic reminder(s) option in your event to automatically send out e-mail reminders about the opportunity.
$$- Personal E-mails and Calls
If you have a little more time, do the above and add some personal phone calls and e-mails to your efforts.
- Contact potential sponsors before sending the Sagepoint notifications to let them know it's coming
- And/or contact them after sending to answer any questions they might have
- Provide them with news and update(s) about your group or cause, the state of the fundraiser, others who have sponsored, etc.
- Offer to set-up their ad listing. We'll be posting a blog on this, stay tuned....
$$$ - Visit with an I-Pad
For those with an I-Pad or other internet-connected device, take advantage of the technology to capture sales on the spot during in-person visits.
1. Bring-up the Fundraising Event in your browser to have it handy.
2. If this is your first visit and you don't have sponsors yet, click on "See an Example" in the rotating TopSpot to have a sample "Sponsored Event" ready to show as well.
3. Once you've explained what you're fundraising for, show them the online benefits for sponsors as you are explaining them.
4. Sign them up on the spot by clicking the Sponsor button for the desired level and having them enter their e-mail, business name, basic business and credit card information.. Let them know they can create a free Sagepoint account and login from their computer at any time to update the information. This includes adding a logo or regularly changing special offers if provided.
5. Have them "Submit" their information.
6. Refresh the screen and view the event from your Sagepoint account.
7. Click the "Pending" button. Review the info in the pop-up then click "Approve" to approve.
Additional Beforehand Option:
If you're really organized, set-up a separate Example Event as well and use the In-Kind level to create sample business cards(including logos) for the businesses you're visiting. Have this event open in a second tab on your browser. As you visit each business, give them ad idea of how their info could look, by clicking on the "Pending" or "Approved" button for that business' sample card to display it in the pop-up.